SP2000 automatic sample preparation platform for the further analysis of Adsorbable Organic Halides
AOX measures the organic halogen load such as soil from a land fill, water or sewage waste. The procedure measures chlorine, bromine and iodine.
This Skalar SP2000 robotic platform automates the pre-treatment of samples for AOX analysis. The automated procedure includes (de)-capping of glass bottles, sample dilution, sample distribution, sample mixing at varying speeds, reagent addition (including acids), active cooling of the samples and accurate dispensing at a precise speed rate.
Summary of the automated procedure:
- The light sensitive samples arrive in dark glass collection bottles.
- These bottles can be loaded directly on to the analyzer in a compartment where they are actively cooled.
- A special gripper for glass stoppers de-caps the bottle.
- The sample is mixed thoroughly before pick-up and is diluted according to specifications and the acids HNO3 and NaNO3 are added.
- The samples are mixed, firstly at high speed and then at low speed during pick-up.
- Six samples can be picked-up at the same time.
- Samples are dispensed into the cartridges at a controlled rate of 3 ml/min.
Also looking for a solution to speed up and enhance your sample preparation procedures? Besides that, also to increase greatly your accuracy, reproducibility and productivity? Please contact us
Analytical Lab Africa 2023
July 5- 7, 2023
Gallagher Convention Center, Johannesburg, South Africa
Water analysis - Determination of permanganate index according ISO 8647
Introducing the SP2000 robotic platform for automated water analysis: Determination of Permanganate Index According to ISO 8647.
Learn how this innovative technology can precisely and efficiently determine the amount of organic matter in water samples through its advanced automation of the permanganate index titration process.