Determination of different Carbon species according to DIN 19539 method A and B
The PrimacsSNC-100 offers a temperature ramping program allowing the analysis of Carbon according to DIN 19539 method A. In addition, it is now possible to determine TOC400, ROC and TIC900 according to DIN 19539 method B. When following method A of DIN 19539, samples are positioned at different heights in the combustion furnace. Each height has a different temperature. The first peak measured at 400 °C is the TOC400 value, the second peak at 600 °C is the ROC value and the last value at 900 °C is TIC900.
In some cases, depending on the sample matrix, the separation of ROC and TIC900 can be further improved. This is accomplished by switching the carrier gas oxygen to an inert carrier gas after the combustion of TOC400.The sample is then directly pyrolyzed at 900 °C which results in a value for TIC900 following this, the inert gas is switched back to oxygen to oxidize the ROC. This procedure follows method B of DIN 19539.
- Classical TOC analysis (DIN 15936)
- Fast & reliable analysis TOC400, ROC, TIC900 in one run (DIN 19539 A/B)
- Separate TIC measurement by automatic acidification & purging
- Possibility to analyse TN/Protein as well based on Dumas principle
- Large integrated autosampler with 100 positions
- Reusable ceramic crucibles
- Sample weights up to 3 g of solid material
- Sample ashes remain in the crucible after the analysis and are removed from the instrument with the removal of the crucible
- Application areas: soil, waste, solid environmental samples etc.
- DIN 19539: 2015-08, Investigation of solids Temperature dependent differentiation of Total Carbon (TOC400, ROC, TIC900).
- DIN 15936: 2012, Sludge, treated biowaste, soil and waste - determination of total organic carbon (TOC) by dry combustion.
Skalar FAQ Videos - Episode 5: FORMACS™ Series
In this episode of our Skalar FAQ video series, Luuk v/h Hof, Nordic Countries regional manager, provides expert answers to the top 5 questions about the FORMACS™ Series
World Soil Day 2023
🌱 Today, on World Soil Day, let's recognize the critical role of soil health in sustainable agriculture. Managing soil fertility is paramount, and the demand for reliable testing solutions is growing. Skalar has been at the forefront, offering sophisticated automation solutions for soil, plant, and fertilizer analysis.
Skalar's PRIMACS™ SNC-100: Precision Urea Measurement for ISO 22241 Compliance in AdBlue
Precise measurement of urea in various liquids, including AdBlue—a crucial DEF for reducing diesel engine emissions. Complying with ISO 22241 standards, the analyzer utilizes combustion to determine urea content, offering immediate and accurate results. Skalar's method enhances accuracy compared to refractive index techniques, crucial for maintaining AdBlue quality and preventing damage to catalytic reduction systems.