SP2000 robotic platform for automatic pre-weighing and weighing of filter paper
The weighing robot is developed to assist in your Total Suspended Solid (TSS) analysis requirements.
TSS analysis is a standard analysis in the wastewater industry as the results of the TSS analysis are used to assess the performance of conventional waste treatment processes and water quality.
In water laboratories worldwide, our SP2000 series of robotic analyzers have been automating BOD and COD test kit analysis on this platform along with other physical and chemical parameters, such as pH, conductivity and alkalinity, turbidity. This robotic analyzer for TSS therefore represents both a beneficial and logical innovation within our existing range of robotic analyzers.
- TSS analysis is performed by collecting the total solids portion on a filter where a pre-determined volume is passed through the filter.
- The filter is first weighed before the sample is filtered and again after the filter has been dried to a constant weight at 103-105°C.
- The final concentration (mg/L, or ppm) is calculated via our software, relative to the known volume of sample passed through the filter.
This new application completely automates the time-consuming weighing process, allowing your analysts to focus on other duties. Moreover, this automation means that conventional working hours of a laboratory can be greatly extended.
- Integration of printer, giving the filter papers a unique identity for tracking the filter papers throughout the process
- Automatic (pre)-weighing and storage of data in the software
- Automatic storage of the filter paper in the receptacle for subsequent use
- Integration of special racks used for TSS analysis
- Automatic calculation of the results in the software as per the application
- Especially developed for TSS analysis, but deployable in other weighing applications or analysis as well
Battery Ventures Creates Latest Lab-Automation Technologies Platform with Investments in Skalar Analytical, PromoChrom and LCTech
Investments set foundation for global platform of laboratory-automation technologies serving environmental, agricultural and food-and-beverage applications
Carbon Credits in Soil: A Path to Sustainability with the PRIMACS™ SNC-100 Analyzer
This article explores the world of carbon credits in soil, highlighting their significance, the quantification of the amount of carbon, and the instrumental role of Skalar's PRIMACS™ SNC-100 analyzer in accurately determining carbon types as well as the total amount of carbon in the soil.